TC3995 on Copart in San Berdoo

Discussion of TABC-related matters
stephen stierman

Re: TC3995 on Copart in San Berdoo

Post by stephen stierman » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:12 am

I'd take it for that and some change anytime. All the timbers are available as needed and I can reskin as needed. I'd be happy to drain the water out of either the engine and/or gearbox and go through it. There is is some good stuff on that car and the wings appear to be nice and straight. Someone with a skill set will have a nice project.

Ray White

Re: TC3995 on Copart in San Berdoo

Post by Ray White » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:31 pm

jddevel wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:40 am
I am in the proscee of restoring a `48 TC which as a California car that had been in dry storage for many years and with only 36K on the clock. With a limited amount of tub rot in the usually places due to age. With a well equiped cabinet workshop and what I`d like to think a reasonable level of compedence I after close analysis and reading others success and frustrations with fit decided to by a new tub. This will be a money pit to end up with a car that will in no way return its cost in todays marketbut a sense of pride and achievement. I will admit I`m 75 so time is a serious consideration on my part.
Take heart, JD. I likewise bought an ostensibly sound TC only to find that it had been assembled from a basket case by the previous owner. I found to my surprise that my pension pot was bigger than I had been expecting so I chose to start again from scratch and build a car to my own liking. I could have taken the easy route and sold it on but I decided on a total rebuild with the overall costs being far more than the car will ever realise in today's market...

Apart from delays due to the Pandemic the project has been rewarding thus far,,, :thumbs: