Two Post Home Garage Lift

Discussion of TABC-related matters
jamesmdavis

Two Post Home Garage Lift

Post by jamesmdavis » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Hello all:

Has anyone in the group installed a MaxJax two post car lift in their home garage. If so, would they please share their experience? I am considering installing the mid lift model in my garage which has 9 foot ceilings.

Jim Ellis

Re: Two Post Home Garage Lift

Post by Jim Ellis » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:57 pm

I just installed one in my garage about 4 months ago. Assembly was a piece of cake. The drilling and installation of the concrete inserts was not. The manual says you need 4" thick concrete at a minimum. As I have a tract house, the concrete turned out to be around 3 to 3.5" thick. When I drilled using a concret hammer drill it blew a wedge out of the bottom. I installed the wedge inserts and proceeded to torque them down. As you can guess, none of them bit tightly enough for my liking. I called MaxJax and they recommended using epoxy inserts. I proceeded to drive the wedge inserts through the concrete and down into the dirt under the slab. I then bought the epoxy anchor kit from MaxJax along with extra tubes of epoxy because of the extra blown out space and proceeded to install the anchors. The epoxy anchors worked great and could be torqued to 100 ft-lbs with no movement.

If I had it to do over, I would have gone straight to epoxy and skipped the wedge anchors. As for the MaxJax, it has been great. I can lift my MG to the full height inside my 9 foot ceiling. I can post pics if you like.

Jim Ellis
TC5238

jamesmdavis

Re: Two Post Home Garage Lift

Post by jamesmdavis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:15 am

Thanks Jim. That's exactly what I needed to know. I will proceed with your suggestion.

Jim Davis
TC7225
Atlanta, Ga