TCs Forever Correction Sheet

Discussion of TABC-related matters
Tom Lange, MGT Repair

TCs Forever Correction Sheet

Post by Tom Lange, MGT Repair » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:34 am

I have a first printing of Mike Sherrell's invaluable book, TC's Forever, and understand that later editions come with a sheet of corrections. Could someone make the latest sheet available to me? Many thanks.

Tom Lange
MGT Repair

Marv

Re: TCs Forever Correction Sheet

Post by Marv » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:06 pm

I'll scan a copy and send it to you Tom, I have the 5th and latest edition. It will go to your personal email.

Best....

Marv Proctor

Tom Lange, MGT Repair

Post by Tom Lange, MGT Repair » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks, Marv; that's exactly what I was hoping to get.

Tom

Steve Simmons
Site Admin

Post by Steve Simmons » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:36 am

There is also an index out there somewhere.
1949 TC8975 / XPAG 9609
1948 TC6011 / XPEG1182 (XPAG6472)
http://www.mgnuts.com

Duncan M

Post by Duncan M » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:02 pm

I'd like a copy of Mike Sherrell's corrections sheet to go with my early copy. Can someone send it to me? Is the correction's list something we could post in the "resources" section? Seems it would be of little value to anyone without a copy of the book. Would the author mind? Walter's partial index for TC's Forever is here on this site, in the Resources section, under Additional Files, fifth one down in PDF format.

Marv

Post by Marv » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:24 am

Duncan: My scanner is not working so I sent Tom a hard copy of the latest 5th edition 4 errata pages through the mail. Send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I'll do the same for you. Don't know how Mike S. would feel about have portions of his book posted in our resource section. It lends to Copyright infringement maybe, He should give his blessings to it prior to it happening in my opinion.

Contact me through direct email for address.

Marv Proctor TC5141

Duncan M

Post by Duncan M » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:42 am

Thank you Marv. Will contact through your email. True, if the correction sheets have themselves been copyrighted, then it would appear the author wants certain protections. But often those sorts of things (corrections) are not even copyrighted.
Duncan-

Marv

Post by Marv » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:51 am

I would agree if the errata sheets were in and of themselves stand alone commodities! However, the book is clearly copyrighted on the first page by Michael Sherrell and Mike's Garages and therefore the included errata sheets would be automatically covered by the same copyright. I'm no legal beagle but that would be my first impression. If there was enough interest in having the errata pages listed in our resource area I can contact Mike to see if he would approve of that.

Marv

Duncan M

Post by Duncan M » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Marv-
Actually that is what I was getting at, but I do not know Mike Sherrell. Even if the books copyright did not cover the "corrections" or updates, or the protections were expired, I would not be inclined to put anything on the internet without some sort of approval from a living author. TC's Forever is such a useful book for any TC owner, it is hard to believe every one of us do not have a copy. Then again, I found out very recently that such corrections existed, and also had no idea the book now came with an index. Maybe word has not got out yet, to stir a lot of interest?