MG TC Center of Gravity

Discussion of TABC-related matters
jamesmdavis

MG TC Center of Gravity

Post by jamesmdavis » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:34 am

Has anyone in the group determined the center of gravity for the TC either by weighing or calculation? I would be most interested in that information. Also, does the group have any suggestions as to where on the frame to put the 4 pads on a two post lift? Thank you all.

Jim Davis
MG TC 7225
Peachtree City GA

Max Irvine

Re: MG TC Center of Gravity

Post by Max Irvine » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:34 am

Jim,
I don't know if it the front axle versus rear axle weight percentage is written down anywhere but if you were to find that out then it would be relatively simple to calculate the centre of gravity. It would then be a case of knowing the weight of the car and the wheelbase and doing a simple calculation. Alternatively if you could get access to a load cell and put it under each wheel you could measure the weight on each axle and then do the calculation.

A friend has a TC and 2 post hoist. Next time I see thecae on his hoist I will take an image for you. It may take me a bit of time to do that.

jamesmdavis

Re: MG TC Center of Gravity

Post by jamesmdavis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:23 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I took the Old Gal (my TC that is) to the local truck stop to get the weights of the front axle separately, rear axle separately, and the total car weight. It was terrifying being in line with all the 18 wheelers. The intercom box was set at a height for the trucks and I had to jump up to push the button. Bottom line is that they couldn't detect the TC on the scale!!!! I'm currently looking for a grain scale which would be able to get the required weights. Looking forward to the pictures. Thanks again.

Jim Davis
TC7225
Atlanta, GA